frequently asked questions
Need additional details?
- As an independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), we are required by law to serve every client according to a fiduciary standard of care. Unlike advisors who are affiliated with a Wall Street bank, broker/dealer, or insurance company, we always place our clients’ interests above our own.
- We don’t sell any mutual funds, insurance, annuities, or other financial products. All we do is provide advice and manage our clients’ portfolios on their behalf. Thus, our clients never have to worry about being sold a product simply because it generates a high commission for their advisor.
- Every recommendation and investment that we make is supported by extensive academic and industry research.
- Our fees for portfolio management are significantly lower than the typical 1% of assets charged by most advisors.
Yes! Most of our clients actually prefer to meet virtually! Even prior to COVID-19, our firm has met virtually with clients all across the country. Our suite of technology and software tools allows for easy collaboration without the need to be face-to-face.
Wealth Engineers is a fee-only Registered Investment Advisor (RIA). This means that we generate 100% of our revenue from the advisory services we provide to our clients. We do not receive any commissions or referral fees from selling financial products or insurance, nor do we participate in wrap accounts.
We are 100% commission-free. You will never be solicited to purchase a load mutual fund, annuity, insurance policy, or other financial product. We never receive any kickbacks for recommendations or introductions we make.
Unlike most banks and brokerage firms, Wealth Engineers provides clients with a clear firewall between their advisor and the entity that takes custody of their assets. In fact, all of our clients establish accounts in their own names with TD Ameritrade Institutional, a third-party custodian that is unaffiliated with Wealth Engineers.
Should a client ever decide to discontinue their relationship with us, they are free to transfer the assets to any institution they desire. We’ll even help to ensure that the transfer goes smoothly.
No. Our authorization is limited to the discretionary trading of securities in your account, deducting our management fees, and facilitating distributions/transfers to the account(s) that you authorize at your request.
We help our wealth management clients with nearly every aspect of their financial life. This typically includes advice on retirement planning and social security, investments, tax planning and strategy, risk management and insurance analysis, and estate planning and gifting.
You can cancel anytime. Our approach provides you with the highest level of freedom and flexibility. There is no long-term contract, nor do we require you to prepay for future services. Instead we provide advice on an ongoing basis and you receive an invoice each month.
Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®)
The Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) credential is the most respected and recognized investment designation in the world. The CFA program is a rigorous, graduate-level investment analysis and portfolio management curriculum. Successfully completing the program typically requires between 750 to 1,000 hours of study in order to pass three six-hour exams over a multi-year period.
In order to become a CFA® charterholder, a candidate must have a minimum of four years of qualifying work experience and must adhere to the CFA® Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. You can learn more about the CFA® Program by clicking here.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) professional
In the same way that the CFA® credential represents the highest standard in the investment industry, the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification is the gold standard in financial planning. The CFP® certification process consists of four initial requirements that a financial planner must complete:
- Education (including a bachelor’s degree and completion of a financial planning capstone course)
- Examination (candidates must pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Examination)
- Experience (a minimum of three years of professional financial planning experience)
- Ethics (adherence to the CFP® Board’s Standards of Professional Conduct)
You can learn more about the CFP® certification by clicking here.
Yes. We provide detailed performance reports to every investment advisory client. Each report outlines the net performance of the account and/or group of accounts, the holdings in the account, and the asset allocation. Clients also receive periodic statements from TD Ameritrade Institutional which show account balances, trading activity, and deposits and withdrawals.